Battel Bonfire Night 2017 is set for on Saturday 4th November
It will be a FREE Non-ticketed Event hosted by the Battel Bonfire Boyes. If you are told otherwise or are charged to attend, you have been tricked.
The huge sum raised to put on the event is raised by the Bonfire Boyes through hard work at various events throughout the year. Donations are also accepted. Please remember that ALL donations given on the night to Official BBB Street Collectors
goes to Help Local Charities and good causes. We keep none of it for the Event.
The Planned table of events for the day is as follows:
- Ringing of the Church bells - Children`s Procession from the top of the high street to the Abbey Green. Children may enter while wearing fancy dress.
- Judging of Children`s fancy dress and the Guy Contest. Prizes for fancy dress and Guy (Single Entry and Group Entry)
A Stall is open on the Green from 9am till 5pm for Merchandise, programmes and information on the event.
- The Abbey Green is closed off to the Public. NO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC ARE PERMITTED ENTRY after this time. Battle Highstreet Road Closure also comes into effect till 12 midnight
- The Guy is taken up the High Street to join the start of the procession. The Procession also forms up at Market Street at this time.
- A Marroon is launched signaling the start of the procession. It proceeds down High Street to the Abbey Green. From there, down to the Railway station, back up to the Green. Battel Bonfire Boyes
then enter the Abbey via the gate way and turn around. They then proceed back up the High Street, along with the rest of the procession, around, and back to the Abbey Green.
- The Bonfire is lit on the Abbey Green.
- The Fireworks are started, followed by the Effigy
The main event normally ends around 10pm but minor fireworks and the fire are still on the green. Entry to the Green by the Public is STILL NOT PERMITTED
We are unable to offer any form of Parking as this is a small town with limited spaces.
Upper Market, Lower Market and Station Approach car Parks are ALL within the Road Closure areas and you will not be able to drive in or out of them between 6pm and 12am (Midnight).
Caldbec Hill and Mount Street is closed from 6pm to 8:15pm
ALL MONEY GIVEN TO OFFICIAL STREET COLLECTORS (LOOK OUT FOR THE OFFICIAL COLLECTOR BADGE) IS GIVEN TO CHARITY. PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSY
Web site contents © Copyright Battel Bonfire Boyes, All rights reserved.
Original template from Website templates